Saturday, August 24, 2013

For An Answer ..

A girl .. Barely 9 years old .. At airoli station
Like all kids she could've been playing for a bright sunny day ... Its
saturday.. A weekend ... And when I thought I had no life left in me..
there's something about her that shook me ... Took me through a
different pain.. A different level of uneasiness ..

While I watched her from within the train .. On a bench she sat,
munching on something happily .. Steady and silent .. I smiled .. She
saw me, and she smiled back .. She was cute .. A blonde haired little
girl with a sweet expression ...

And as I decided to look away, the very next moment, I saw something
that moved me ...

The femur ... It wasn't there .. It wasn't ... She was without a foot ..
Could've been a rail accident ...probably .. Or a road mishap .. Or ..
What assumption could I make ... I was thunderstruck ..

A pretty little girl like her.. And an ugly long lifetime to live ...
And amongst this .. She still had a smile for everyone ..

There's so much of pain in this world .. And we aren't aware of it ...
Little and unworrying as she was ...
She was smiling at whatever she was munching on .. Waving her other
leg carelessly .. And occasionally looking at the people passing by
with the cutest smile I can ever think of...

10 seconds.. Probably 10 seconds, and I found out a bitter truth of
life .. That ugly face of the coin, that I pray shouldn't be shown to
anyone ...

Our pain is just a few words .. Her pain is a part of her ... Our pain
is the few missing gestures .. Her pain is the wheel chair ...

A night full of work.. Their thought and a worry .. And this blighted sight .. None
would let me sleep ... None ..

Sigh ..


--
hamza ..

No comments:

Post a Comment